Now that you’re ready to begin using Connect My Sales, here are a few tips to get you familiar with what to expect:
- Orders will be automatically transferred to your Infusionsoft application every 5 minutes.
- The Infusionsoft-assigned order id (or invoice id) will be different from the e-commerce order id, however your actual e-commerce order id can be found in the “Order Title” field of the order for your reference. Given this, it’s a good idea to update the order listing view in Infusionsoft to view the Order Title field. You may also wish to remove the display of the Infusionsoft order id, as you will likely not need to use that order id.
- When new orders are transferred, products included in that order will be automatically created in Infusionsoft (if they’re not already found in Infusionsoft).
- When a new order is received, if the customer doesn’t exist as a contact in Infusionsoft, they will also be created automatically if they don’t already exist in Infusionsoft. Contacts that already exist in Infusionsoft will not be modified.
- A new campaign has been created in Infusionsoft, called “Connect My Sales – New Order”. This campaign will be triggered for all orders transferred by Connect My Sales. You can update this campaign to tag customers, follow up with customers, etc.
- When a contact orders a product, a tag will be created for that product and assigned to the contact. These tags can be used within Campaign Builder to trigger the start of a campaign. For instance:
- if your product can be used for 60 days before needing to be repurchased/refilled, creating a campaign to send a reminder in 45 days can help with return purchases.
- if a customer purchasing one product (call it “Product A”) may likely be interested in purchasing an accessory product (call it “Product B”), a campaign can be started after the purchase of Product A to send the customer an email in 10 days to let them know about Product B.